Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tri-Pod Beans and Homemade Cages

Tri-Pod trellis I built for pole beans. You can't see it now, but around each leg  I planted 5 beans. Hopefully by mid-summer this structure will be immersed in grean.

Triangular tomato cages I built from Concrete Reinforcing Wire purchased from  a lumber yard. They are 6  feet tall, and I expect the plants to go all the way to the top...and even over.

First Squash. It along with another got picked and cooked tonight with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and  some fresh rosemary from the garden...not bad.

Mammoth Sunflowers - That's a 17 oz. water bottle at the base. There about 2.5 to 3 feet high now. 
I planted pole beans (from seed) around the base of 3 of the Mammoth Sunflowers. Notice the 4 bean plants surrounding the sunflower stalk. Once the beans get big enough, I'll run them up the Sunflower stalk...using the stalk as the supporting pole.

No comments:

Post a Comment