Monday, March 12, 2012

Initial Planting...yee haw

Alright, I got my first plants in on Saturday. The weather was great, but soil was still pretty moist...maybe to moist, but hopefully not.
I used my homemade compost when planted. I dug a little hole, threw in two handfuls of compost and mixed it in with the other soil.
I planted the following:
Dutch Cabbage - 8 plants
Broccoli - 4 plants
Brussell Sprouts - 4 plants
Butter Lettuce - 8 plants
Red Leaf Lettuce - 4 plants
Spinach - 8 plants
Texas Sweet Onion - approximately 36 plants
See pictures below:
Starting from the top:
1. Side view of everything
2. Onions
3. Two rows of butter lettuce on bottom, the red leaf lettuce, and spinach on top
4. Broccoli on bottom, then two rows of cabbage, then brussel sprouts on top (spinach top left)





No comments:

Post a Comment