Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Soil Test & Asparagus

Sent in a sample of my soil yesterday to a company called Logan Labs ( http://www.loganlabs.com/). They came recommended via an experienced gardener I heard on a podcast I listen too. It's $20.00 per soil test. My thoughts were that if they can tell me exactly the condition of my soil and exactly what I need to add to it, it would save me hundreds in the long run. I've seen a sample of their reports and they are pretty detailed. I'll share the results when I get them...should be about 7 business days, so hopefully later next week.

Below are pictures of our asparagus plants. They appear to be doing really well. This is their second year so we can harvest some of the stalks this year. 
The final 2 (of 8) of my Dutch Cabbage plants that survived last week, appear to be ka-put. I didn't expect to have 100% success transplant rate, but didn't expect 100% failure either. Not sure what happened.



No comments:

Post a Comment