Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sunday Holes

Below is some pictures I took Sunday. I didn't plant anything over the weekend, but I have since, and I'll give an update regarding that in the next post. Actually, I lied, I planted some Giant Sunflower seeds...10 of them to be exact. I planted them in hopes of attracting beneficial insects, and possibly trying out a 3-Sisters garden.
The broccoli, cabbage, and brussel sprouts got attacked by some green inch-worm / caterpillar looking things: see link http://freshisbestcsa.blogspot.com/2010_07_01_archive.html , apparently they come from white butterflies.They did considerable damage, but despite that, most of the plants seem to have recovered.

Lettuce is doing great, probably better than anything else right now.

Broccoli - Notice holes in leaves caused from the green caterpillars.

Brussel Sprouts also got chewed on by the green caterpillars.

No comments:

Post a Comment