Friday, April 13, 2012

Frost Bitten, Twice Shy

Got most of my plants covered Wednesday night, but it wasn't enough to prevent damage. I was actually surprised. I just assumed that if you cover your plants, all is well. That's not the case. However, it appears that I only lost 2 plants...a cucumber and a zucchini squash. My basil plants took a hit, but I plucked the bad leafs off and I think it will recover. My pineapple sage took a pretty big hit, which is a bummer, it was looking so good. I didn't cover it, so that's probably why. I gambled hopping that it would be ok...I was wrong.

With that said, the broccoli, lettuce, brussel sprouts, and cabbage are doing great. See pics below:

Pinneapple Sage took a pretty good hit from the frost!
Zucchini Squash.
Broccoli doing great!

The lettuce has been my biggest surprise, it's doing wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment